I have begun to believe my mind is full of tiny little topics that act like pimples.

No one can predict the order they start to fester in, or when they’ll get ripe and burst.

Sunday 21 September 2014

Susie Ouids Eulogy



Susie Ouids Eulogy
Written by Her Eldest Son Ryan


Susie

There are so many things I could say about my step mom and to list them all would be an eternity of conversing as she truly was an amazing woman. She was one of the kindest; happiest people I have ever met in my life to the point were it was infectious. You couldn’t help but smile when you were around her, even towards the end. She loved everyone here and even in her most painful moments she was more concerned about others, then herself. This was just the kind of person she was, she had that one true selfless characteristic that makes the difference between a good person and a great one. This great lady was one of the women that helped to shape me into the man I am today. Without her I would never have seen some of the lessons I needed to have a loving marriage among many other things.
When Susie met my dad he was in a dark place and it was her that bought the flashlight and rope to help him climb out of that pit of despair he was stuck in. One of the most amazing thing about this is it all happened in a span of two weeks. This brief courtship blossomed into an 18 and a half year marriage, A true love at first site marriage.
When dad told me about Susie, It literally was the day before she came down, I remember him showing me a picture and I asked him if that was her daughter, not so much, it was Susie from her not much younger years. Dad was so happy when she came down, I know this because I had to sleep on the couch for the first two weeks before they had a room of there own. To this day as far as I am concerned they were just cuddling a lot as they have ever since then as Susie never returned back to Ontario.
In all the years of my life up to this point I had never seen my dad so happy. I truly can’t remember a time in the 18 and a half years of their marriage were they ever fought unless it was over the last piece of cake or something then all bets were off. Now that doesn’t mean they didn’t at times see differences in ideas, but when they did it would only end on a compromise as things were never a fight between them. Just these two loving people finding mutual ground to continue to make each other happy and build on their loving Marriage.
I believe that if Susie was here right now watching she wouldn’t want to see sad faces but rather smiles on fond memories everyone has of her. Each one of us will have one; she was just that kind of person. I would like to share 2 of my favourites and though they might sound simple, I will always remember them. 1 was what she would make me for my birthday dinners. As per my request it was the same every year, porkchops with mushroom soup onion sauce baked over a bed of rice. Dessert didn’t matter; it just had to be that for dinner. I think she was always surprised by this since it was not all that extravagant. She always said it was the easiest thing to make but the truth is I have tried to make this dish more times then I care to admit and it never tasts right. Looking back I think it was the love she put into it that made it amazing or crack thats the only other possibility.
The second memory took place after I got back from
Edmonton. I was still really sick and in a lot of pain and due to my brain issues if I herd any loud noises it would cause panic attack like stress and to my surprise Susie was very aware of this. I became aware of this fact when my dad just talked a couple decibels too high and she jumped on him like a mama bear. All she did was give a look; like teachers do in school. The kind of look where you decide your “not going to do that again”. This was the day I realized she was not just a women that married my dad, but she was one of my parents.
To me Susie will always be the embodiment of the bible verse found in the book of Corinthians which reads. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends
There is one last thing I think Susie would like me to say on her behalf and its addressed to you Dad. She would always want you to remember how hard she worked to get you to become the happy man she turned you into. This is not because of any debt she would want you to feel as I know for a fact that you made her as happy as she made you but because of the life she would want for you.
She loved you so much that she sat in the car with me making me promise to watch over you if she passed away. She wanted you to have an amazing life. But her biggest fear was that you would blame yourself for her passing: Something that she knew was an is not your fault. So if you truly want to honor Susie, laugh for her, be happy in her stead, love others, smile, experience things and know that Susie is with Jesus in heaven and the path to her is always through him. So until you get there, continue to make her smile by living life the way she would have wanted for you so that she can watch the adventure of your life continue until you see her again.
In closing:
Forgive any notions you have of self fault.
Susie Q was humble and modest to the point were you may question if she ever really knew how amazing she was. The truth is she knew this because my dad aspired to let her know ever day most certainly was one that forever gets remembered as loving!
Rest in Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment