I have begun to believe my mind is full of tiny little topics that act like pimples.

No one can predict the order they start to fester in, or when they’ll get ripe and burst.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Aztec Calendar Stone




SOMETHING YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME!
SOMETHING I’M PROUD OF

God Gave Me a Gift
A Needle
A Thread
And
The Talent to Create Things of Beauty.

I do Needlepoint. It’s not cross stitch, embroidery, crewel or any other established way of doing needlepoint. There is no print or pattern that I work to and no rules to obey. I will have a very rough outline on paper of what I think my idea should wind up as but only as an initial idea. I just grab a needle, thread, and my choice of fabric to work on and I begin to sew freehand using the thread like a colored pencil drawing line after line after line of colors, threads, stitches and patterns as they emerge from my fingers and finally after possibly a year and a hundred thousand stitches later I get to see my creation and I amaze myself with what I have been able to produce.

I can no longer do my art because of finger and visual problems so I decided that since it has never been seen before, to put it on display and share it with the people who now make my life worth while: All of you.


The First Piece in this exhibit is a 30” diameter Wall Hanging.
Made of burlap and Embroidery Cotton it shows how I think
A massive stone Sculpture should have been painted.

The Aztec Calendar Stone


My Second Work is Titiled

PHOENIX RISING

AND WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY

Blaine Barrett


No comments:

Post a Comment